Good morning, loyal readers.
I didn’t announce my week-long break from blogging, but I enjoyed a week at the beach with my family in Kiawah Islands, South Carolina last week. I attempted to write on an iPad, but found that a touch screen keyboard doesn’t exactly allow for easy typing.
Bennett’s first full week at the beach was incredible. The weather was absolutely perfect (think 75-80 and sunny every day). He got to meet his cousins, Aunt Jillian, and Uncle Todd which was very special indeed.
He also reached the three month mark (which means a new letter to him will be in the works this week).
In an attempt to keep this post as simple as possible, I’ll highlight some big news from the week in a bulleted list.
- Bennett has officially kicked the “swaddling” habit. We struggled…a lot…with sleeping while we were away at the beach. I had two nights when I woke up three and four times with him…which is completely unusual because he has been sleeping in 12 hour stretches since 2 months. Each time I would wake up he was still completely swaddled, yet inconsolably crying. When we got back, I was desperate for sleep and decided to put him in his Halo sleep sack (we tried this the week before, but he played for an hour and cried…so I gave up). He slept from 8-4 a.m. which was a noticeable improvement. Last night he slept until 6:30. We are getting back to normal. Thank goodness…
- I made some headway in the research/planning of my novel. Updates are soon to follow with that.
- Over the next few days, I will write about the following topics:
- Tuesday: Two-Cent Teacher Tuesday Empowerment v. Entitlement (accommodating for students with learning differences in the secondary classroom)
- Wednesday: Re-visiting my journey to pre-baby body; and discussing why new moms should throw their scales and measuring tapes away.
- Thursday: Fourth of July outfit favorites (for mommy and baby boy)
- Friday: A letter to my son at three month
|Just hanging out with my cousin Taylor|
|Papa, Nana, Bennett, and Taylor the night before our drive to the beach|
|SO happy to be at the beach and out of the car!|
|A preview from our three-month photoshoot|
|Papa, Bennett, and Taylor|
|Jack, Will, and Bennett|
|Swimming with Papa|
|Loved his new crab toy from Aunt Allison|
|Seaside snuggles with my little man|
|Hmmm…this water seems nice|
|My new favorite photo|
|Dipping his toes in the water|
|Uncle Brad, Papa, Me and Bennett|
|With my dad|
|Nana and Papa|
|Uncle Brad, Aunt Colleen, and Bennett|
|Morning snuggles with Nana|
|We did a whole lot of this|
|Wishing our Nana a happy birthday!|
|Home and happy!|
|He has grown so much!|
|Beach time with mom|
|Baby boy sleeping through his first trip to Angel Oak|
|Dancing with Little Miss Abernathy at the Ocean Club|