So, a few odd things happened this week…
1. The Hawks hosted the first ever “Tinder Night” at Phillips Arena. I’m torn in my support of my favorite pro basketball team. On one hand, it is genius marketing; after all, even I am talking about the birds on this little blog. Our team has gotten more press from this gimmick than anything else we’ve done in the last few months (including certain questionable comments from our owner). On the other hand, I’m pretty sure Tinder is only used for the purpose of hooking up. Even if customers use the app for finding a date, morally, I can’t agree with the idea of a digital meat market.
Admittedly, I’ve been out of the game for six years. Maybe people find blissful marriage from Tinder…
But probably not.
2. I didn’t run. At all. The weather has been…limiting. I really want to hit the pavement; but the morning weather is too cold. And I don’t want to take my little guy out in this weather. And when I don’t run I feel ill and achy. It’s funny how that works.
3. This week, I found myself cooped up in my beautifully warm home. And yet, I’m itching to get out. Cabin fever has set in. I hate watching TV during the day, but B and I have found ourselves playing with trucks in front of a movie or TV show. It’s not like I’m totally against people watching TV; I just get super depressed when I watch the tube. It makes me feel like I’m not doing anything important…or like I have nothing to do. I much prefer taking my little man out.
4. So today…we’re going out. We may go to the mall where it is warm and there are people and I can chatter on about anything that comes to mind to whomever wants to talk. We also may try to get some deals at C Wonder as they are closing their doors for good. Click that link to see the Supper Club of the South’s picks for the best deals available.
5. Three years ago today, I started blogging at the Teaching Travelers Wife . I miss that little blog. I love looking back through my writing and seeing exactly what I had to say early in my marriage and early in my teaching career.
Have an awesome weekend, y’all!