A little over half a year ago, on a Friday like today, we were packing to go to the hospital and meet our little man. In honor of that (and at a reader’s request) I’ve attached a free hospital packing list for mommy and baby (See link at the bottom)
Also, just for fun, I’m revisiting a fan favorite on my old blog: 5 things never to say to a pregnant woman. I wrote this when I was just over halfway through my pregnancy. I assure you, it wasn’t the last I’d heard of silly, careless remarks. Here are 5 no-no’s when you’re talking to a pregnant woman, and 5 things to say instead:
- “Oh wow, your bump is so big you MUST be having multiples!”… To which I state, “Nope just one”…then Ms. Checkout says, “Aww, come on, it’s at least twins”. (Deadpan look on my face)
- “I’m looking at pictures from when you were pregnant. Considering what a small baby he is, you were really big. WTF”
- “I was 39 weeks pregnant, at the doctor for a follow up. They were short staffed, so the OB’s wife, who was a cardiovascular nurse, was there helping. She weighed me and then proceeded to scream my weight down the hall (to whoever) with people and my husband standing right there.”
- “wow, you’ve gotten huge since I’ve seen you last!!!” # sohaveyou
AND THE CREEPIEST 2 COMMENTS AWARDED TO…
- “(When a family dog approached me): “Oh, yeah. She knows you’re pregnant. She can smell your embryonic fluid.” Interesting.”
- “When (my) baby was a couple of months old I was at Fresh Market (without the baby) and the lady behind the counter said she could smell my milk.”
Let’s promise each other to abide by one simple rule; if you don’t have anything nice (or sane) to say, don’t say anything at all!
Have a great weekend!